Devlog Update #2
Well I suppose it’s time for a little update since I haven’t really blogged in a while. Everything is coming along nicely and I’ve moved passed the prototype phase. I’m now working on a level which will also serve as a demo for a fundraising campaign I’ll be doing in the future. I’m not sure if it will be on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, I’ll decide when the time comes and research each to see which one will best fit my needs. I feel this is the only way I’ll be able to finish the game in a timely manner seeing how I’m self funding it at the moment. It definitely holds me back as I can’t afford to pay for all the assets or to outsource some of the work involved. I am dedicated to finishing it though whether I have a successful campaign or not, it will just take longer if I don’t…
As far as the game goes, I’ve made a lot of progress and everything is looking good and scripts are pretty much working well together. There are some bugs and glitches of course but I’m slowly getting them figured out and fixed. I’m way ahead of where I was a year ago when I was working on my other game. The learning by trial and error in the past is paying off now. This will result in a much more polished game that I’ll be proud to share with others 🙂
As always, I’ve included a screenshot and as you might notice it looks a lot better than others I’ve posted. I didn’t alter the picture at all, it’s an in editor screenshot, just cropped down to remove the editor toolbar, etc. But thanks to some lighting and better shaders ,the scene has a little more “zaz” to it. Of course it’s not the finished product and I still have quite a ways to go, but I do like how things are looking.
Thanks for reading, I hope you liked what you read and saw. More updates are on the way and as soon as I decide to start a campaign I’ll be posting info on it like crazy to try and get some traffic to it 😉 Until next time, cheers!