Devlog Update #8
It’s been about a month since my last update so here’s a quick run down of what’s been going on. I’ve been dedicating a little more time than usual to the game lately and decided to increase the number of levels a little bit. This may add some more time to development, but I feel it will be better in the long run by allowing me to expand on the story which will give the player a better experience. I started working on the game in August of 2015 and I think that it will take roughly another year to finish it up, so tentatively it will be ready for release summer of 2017. With that said, here’s what I’ve been working on:
- Finished prototyping level 6, then started over and now have a level that’s about 3/4 done.
- Started prototyping levels 7 and 8.
- Removed the thunder and lightning from all previous levels. It just doesn’t feel right and while I thought it would represent what was really going on, it’s not. I’ll have to rethink it and come up with something new.
- Started implementing SECTR.
- Cleaned up the project removing unused assets and updating others.
- Started recording footage for a new trailer video.
So while the list isn’t that long, the main accomplishment was building level 6. Here’s a screenshot of the basic design of it without all the props added in yet. Thanks for reading, see ya next time!